Tuesday 30 October 2012

Remember me...?

(Lovely mini bird cage from a flea market in France for  1 (!!) and a sweet 
little tea light holder from a sweet blog reader - thank you Claudia!)

Well, since I hardly remember myself... (!), or at least "whether I am coming or going" as the expression goes, I thought it would be about time I reminded myself, and those of you who might still be stopping by here, that I am still alive, even if ridiculously busy with this, that and the other...



A stroll in the rare, but oh so lovely, sunshine a few weeks ago, after a rainy week that made for some - shall we say - challenging terrain around the back of Lacock Abbey. But worry not, a stile a little further to the left (out of sight here) enabled us to not have to show off our swimming skills that day.


There is something so wonderful about skipping, strolling, or in any way moving across these great green farm fields, and to see the children take full advantage of the vast openness before them to run, run, run until they can run no longer, or until they stumble over a sleeping sheep - whichever comes first... We only use public footpaths, of course, and luckily there are a lot of them around here!


So what else have I been up to in the last few weeks, except skipping across green pastures, humming Sound of Music tunes? Well, a few very exciting things, of which two have involved my passion for styling an environment or image that is - hopefully - pleasing for the eye. In one case, it involved helping a client with some finishing touches in an already beautifully renovated and stunningly decorated old cottage. In the other case, I had the pleasure of working with some of the gorgeous and wonderfully cheeky bird personalities that characterise ceramicist Hannah Turner's decorative items and tableware.  Very soon, when Hannah's new collections are available in store  (and on her website), I will show you more of the photos from my chirpy day in the company of her funky ceramics!


Having no new vignettes to show you, I will, again, recycle some from last year. I feel these really capture well "who I am" at the moment. The colours, the materials, the shapes...


I just realised that perhaps that goes deeper than just my taste, 
perhaps it reflects quite literally who I am...? 
A little rusty, a little scruffy, a little round...  
 

But now, ladies and gentlemen, it is time for... CHRISTMAS!
Drum roll.....


Norwegian interior styling, writer and photographer Franciska Munch-Johansen has just published her new book, Sanselig Jul (Christmas For All the Senses) and it a very beautiful compilation of her own photos and ideas and those of a number of bloggers. To find out where you can buy it if you are interested, click here.

To tempt you , here are some pages from the book (click to enlarge):






... a few photos from an - unusually snowy - England from yours truly...:


***

Mummy's Own is a lifestyle and inspiration site for Mums - created by Mums, aiming to offer inspiration through for example blog recommendations, recipes, fashion and articles about well-being. The ladies have just relaunched the blog in English, and a couple of weeks ago The Swenglish blog was their blog recommendation - thank you so much, Camilla!

More blog love has come my way through no other than the lovely Henrick Eriksson (with the informative and inspiring blog Kråks Stuga - formerly known as "Henricks Tankegångar"), whose styling skills,  knowledge of interior design trends (and much more!) make for very pleasant reading indeed! Thank you so much, Henrick, you made my day! Yes, I know, to some of you this may sound a little like a ping-pong game of reciprocated back-scratching, but I would happily have written this completely unprompted and I believe spreading some blog love is spreading good vibes, and good vibes are great fuel for the soul, whether blog related or not!

***

Phew, there we are. Are you still there? If you did not give up half way through what in the end became a very eclectic and very long blog post, then let me finish by wishing you a  lovely last few days of October!

All the best,
Helena

19 comments:

  1. Nej, gav inte upp, läste allt:-), rolig och intressant läsning och så många vackra foton att titta på, önskar en fin avslutning på oktober och kanske inte november behöver bli så kall heller hos dig, men här, jag som bor i dina svenska hemtrakter där det faktiskt är kallt för att ligga i de södra stockholmstrakterna. I söndags morse var det minus 10 grader här, rena chocken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dear,

    how I LOVE your images, no one can be a bigger fan on your photos like me!!!!
    We are all busy with this and that but it`s wonderful, that you are keep on blogging! I would really, really MISS YOU :)

    Hugs from the cold and snowy (!!!) austria!
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Självklart har jag ju inte glömt dej! Hur skulle man kunna det? Men saknat - visst! Alla dina vackra bilder och finstämda kompositioner!
    Jag njuter som vanligt och tackar också för tipset av den fina julboken!

    Här har vi både haft snö och frost redan och vintertiden har inträtt och man känner att vintern närmar sej och mörkret, inte minst!
    Ha det gott!
    Kramar
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly I remember you!
    In fact I missed your post.
    I thought you were very busy.
    This book should be very nice, although I have written a book on the shabby chic style in Italy.
    Have a sweet week
    xoxo
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the book is so nice !!..i love it....the best book ever !!...i love your pictures in it !!...they are so beautiful !!...if you have people who want this book...please send them to me.....we sell it in our shop......love love love Ria...xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  6. It all looks lovely out there... and the nice and warm foto's from last Autumn!
    Such a wonderful book, with beautiful pictures.
    Have a nice day, greetings Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Så härliga bilder du bjuder på! Här hos oss fick vi några cm snö förra veckan men nu har allt regnat bort. Så det enda som finns kvar är bruna och grå färger, mörker och kyla. Usch. Boken du tipsade om ser så fin ut att man börjar smått längta efter julen...

    Ha en fin början på november!

    Kram
    Sari från Puumuli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Åff kårs! Dig glömmer jag inte, saknar dig här ju... :) Det låter jättekul att inreda en stuga, vad nyfiken jag blir och ugglorna är väldigt söta! Aha, är boken släppt nu? Vad spännande! Bilderna ser jättefina ut och får mig redan att längta efter julbak och julpiff. Det ser jag fram emot. Jaa, lite snö singlade ner här i förra veckan som du säkert redan hört, men den låg ju inte kvar så länge. Lite julkänsla hann ändå sprida sig i kroppen ;)

    Roligt att fler och fler hittar till dig och att du blir omnämnd. Stor kram till dig!

    Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad you are back! I missed your post!
    What a lovely book.You Scandinavians are top for Christmas decorations. Thank you for being here again. Have a nice week !
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best blog ever:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallojsan Helena!!

    Härligt med ett livstecken ifrån dig:) och ett ljuvligt sådant! När det är mycket är det lätt att tappa bort sig och en stunds vila blir då nödvändigt!
    Fantastiska höstbilder ifrån er trädgård..och dem i julboken..mmm...får mig att längta redan!!

    Må så gott!! Kram kram ifrån Sanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to "see" you again - I was missing your posts! Lovely inspiring photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Men sååå spännande med uppdragen :-))) Söt uggla!! Å stora gratiiskramen till din medverkan i boken. Love, love, love om alla dina bilder....

    Här är det gråväder och regnrusk. Även om man sitter inne och jobbar får det gärna vara hyfsat väder :-))

    Stor kram å ta hand om dig!!
    Hälsa familjen,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoyed my visit to your wonderful blog!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sitter här med ett stort leende på läpparna och glädjs med dig och alla spännande uppdrag Helena. Du är så värd all framgång. Världen behöver din talang, kreativitet och känsla Helena. :)

    Njuter av alla vackra bilder. Precis vad jag behövde denna söndagskväll. :)

    Ta hand om dig vännen och lycka till med fortsatta uppdrag.

    Kram Lotta

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed you and your beautiful images my daling friend!!
    Hugs from me and have a good new week
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hannah's treasures look wonderful amongst the magical arrangements you so tastefully create Helena. The amethyst glass is a little beauty, I wallowed in its exotic glow for quite sometime. I've added the book to my Christmas list, it looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marvelous work pals, I love reading your articles.
    www.greenhouses blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photography and thanks for sharing us................keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Newborn photographer in Miami & maternity photography Miami

    ReplyDelete

Dearest reader, I am sorry you have to go through the extra trouble of word verification to leave a comment here. After having received around 250 spam comments for each post recently, I have unfortunately had to add this filter.

Thank you so much for your comments!