Thursday 11 February 2010

Let there be light...



In the spring of 2009, we finally bit the financial bullet and went ahead with what would be a dusty but worthwhile journey to a lovely, bright kitchen-diner. With the best builder in town, someone who actually listened to my vision and saw as his mission to create it, we now enjoy a light-filled room, which has proven to work equally well for cha-cha-cha, Lego space rocket construction and, oh yes, some delicious dining.


The building material was sourced locally and the arched doors were made by a door and window maker a few streets away. The floor is a reclaimed pine floor from a Victorian hospital, sourced at Beechfield Reclamation in Devizes, which is also where we found the beams. I had dreamt of a painted, framed solid wood kitchen, but the budget moaned and groaned under the pressure of the building work, so when this kitchen flirted with me in B&Q, I let myself be flirted with all the way to the tills...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dearest reader, I am sorry you have to go through the extra trouble of word verification to leave a comment here. After having received around 250 spam comments for each post recently, I have unfortunately had to add this filter.

Thank you so much for your comments!